The Botanica™ Garden Window was designed as a completely new product, not an adaptation of an old system and features several unique details that will set it apart from the competition.
Extensive market research and over 70 years of industry experience went into the design. The goal was to architecturally engineer a unique window that would both be aesthetically pleasing and solve many of the problems inherent with the adapted older designs on the market today.
The front opening sash concept increases the structural strength of the overall framing system to reduce or eliminate the need for underside supports. Keeping in true FEN-TECH tradition, custom sizes are always available.
- Direct Set side, Front Awning Design
- 17.5" projection
- 1 1/2" Oak Insulated Seat Board
- 3/4" x 4 9/16" Oak Extension Jambs
- Tempered Top Lite
- Charcoal Gray Super Spacer
- Cardinal 272 LE (#2 Surface) / Argon / Clear
BetterVue Tab-less Screens
30° Angle for Increased Viewing
10-1/4" deep, 3/8" thick glass shelf with polished edges, brackets and installation instructions.
Standard 1-1/2" thick oak insulated seat board with white vinyl underside.
Standard BetterVue screens that lock in place with a tab-less system to improve look and ease of installing.
Standard hand crank hardware with a two point locking system for added security and weather tight seal.
Center & Side Post Frame
Two multi-chambered frames mulled together. This design adds strength and increases viewing area.
The opening sash design includes 3 seals to keep out the elements.
- 48" x 50" model 6000S
- Double Strength Tempered Top Glass
- Double Strength Annealed Side & Front Glass
- 3/8" Annealed Glass Shelf
- No reinforcement or underside supports
- DP 80, the highest rating AAMA recognizes
- This rating is the equivalent of 8" of rain per hour, or 5 gallons per square foot with a 69 mph wind.
- DP 60 (overload rating of DP 90)
- This rating is the equivalent of a 190 mph wind tested with both positive (inward) and negative (outward) force.
- For comparison, a category 5 hurricane has a wind speed of 157 mph or more.
- This rating equates to .01 cubic foot per minute per square foot of exterior surface area of air infiltration with a 25 mph wind.
- This equates to a .01 inch sag in the bottom front of the window with a load of 8 pounds per square foot calculated over the area of the glass shelf and seat board combined (85 pounds in this particular test).
Custom built to your Specifications!
*** Click on any of the color swatches below to get an idea of how your window configuration will look. ***
- Rough Opening Height
- Rough Opening Width
- Jamb Width
Pick from Available Colors & Finishes:
- Available Frame Colors:
- Seat Board Finishes:
Tier 1 Laminates Oak
White Tan Tier 2 Laminates Edgewood